Benefits of Metal Roofing for Home
A drain roof can endanger your home’s protection, leaving you with the troubles of pricey repair bills and time-taking rehabilitation. Ensure your roof is intact and functioning as it was designed to avoid the hassles of cascading problems that can result from roof damage.
When it’s time for roof replacement, look at the current options and learn about roofing materials. Metal roofing has steadily increased in popularity over recent years, and for a good reason. Let’s look at the benefits of metal roofing because of which homeowners and commercial builders are choosing metal roof installation.
Metal Roofing Basics
Looking to increase your home’s exterior aesthetics? Take a look at metal roofing. Known as the most long-lasting roof material in the industry, metal roofing gives homeowners relief from maintenance tension with long-lasting polish, eco-friendly structure, and high performance.
Metal roofing myth busters
Here are some myths about metal roofing:
- Some people think metal roofing will make your home hotter in the summer and cooler in the winter. This is not the case. Because there is wide space between the roof decking and panels, your home insulation will increase with a metal roof.
- Are you concerned a metal roof would draw lightning? Your metal roof should not be exposed when storms come. It won’t draw lightning hits any more than an asphalt roof and doesn’t require fulmination rod installation.
- Do you think a metal roof would produce too much noise in your home? The reality is that the sound you hear during a storm with a metal roof is similar to when a home has an asphalt shingle roof. This needs proper installation from an expert roofing company.
Metal Roofing Benefits
A gorgeous metal roof can help you get the perfect design statement and make your home stand out. Metal roofing looks impressive on a variety of home styles and boosts curb appeal. Choose from a host of style options to get the look you admire and compliment your home architecture.
Generous style options
Metal roofing comes in various style options. It can imitate the look of slate, tile, wood tremble, and even asphalt shingles.
With proper installation, metal roofing lasts over several years, making it a wise option — especially if you’re looking for a low maintenance alternative to replace wood-shake shingles.
Lower the environmental impact with a recyclable metal roof.
Reliable moisture resistance
Water-repellent, weather-resistant metal roofing keeps the moisture away from your home.
Strong return on investment (ROI)
Increase your resale value with gorgeous metal roofing. Most homeowners recoup over 68% of the initial investment on a metal roof installation.
Metal roofing saves energy, meaning it matches or surpasses the requirements that ensure energy savings. Many homeowners find their utility bills minimize in the summer and winter due to a metal roof installation’s added insulation properties.
Is a metal roof a good option for your home?
Stylish Stone-Coated Steel Roofing
Previously, commercial business owners prefer metal roofing to construct buildings due to its endurance, durability, and low maintenance, but it lacked the visual appeal homeowners desire. Today, metal roofing is no longer only for commercial and industrial buildings. With the enlightenment of stone-coated steel, manufactures are now designing elegance and style to metal roofing, making it a stylish option for homes.
What people love about DECRA roofing includes:
- Product quality—Impeccable product quality standards
- Warranty—Best in the industry
- Durability—The most robust, most durable roof material
- Wind resistance—Metal roofing resists winds of up to 120 m.p.h.
- Density—Weighs 1.4 – 1.6 pounds per square feet
- Upkeep—Low maintenance
- Hail resistance—Class 4 Impact Resistant rating
- Fire rating—Class A fire rated
- Noise level—Stone-coated steel decreases the sound of rain and storm
- Weather-resistant—Freeze and thaw resistant
- Cost— Cost effective as it lasts over 50 years.
Metal roofing isn’t a DIY project. It needs to be installed by a skilled and experienced roof company. At thebigbearroof, they understand how important it is to find the right roofing company. Big Bear Roof company does everything from roofing, simple roof repairs, and complete roof replacements in Raleigh, NC. Their Raleigh roofers can also assist you get insurance coverage for your old or marred roof.