The Right Way of Wearing a 3-Ply Disposable Mask
At present World is battling the COVID-19 Pandemic, with the United States being the worst affected. Along with frequent washing of hands using soaps and sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask has become mandatory. Wearing a mask not only protects you from getting infected but also helps in decreasing the spread of infectious respiratory diseases like COVID-19.
Health experts believe that a mask is the key tool which can help in suppressing the transmission of the disease.
What is a 3 Ply Disposable Mask?
A 3 ply disposable mask also known as surgical is very effective in preventing the transmission of pathogens and therefore is very useful in stopping the spread of COVID-19. These masks are generally worn by healthcare professionals while doing surgeries or attending patients with infectious disease.
- Outer Layer – Hydrophobic non woven Layer, which prevents fluid like water or blood from entering the mask.
- Middle Layer – Meltblown Filter, which prevents microbes from entering or leaving the mask.
- Inner layer – Soft absorbent non woven layer, it absorbs the sweat, spit or other fluids from entering the mask.
Steps to Wear a 3 Ply Disposable Masks
Wearing a mask has become mandatory to fight against the Coronavirus pandemic. There are 5 essential steps to wearing a mask.
- The mask must cover your mouth, nose, and chin completely
- You must pinch the metal clip of the mask against your nose bridge gently.
- Hold only the ear loops while removing a used mask.
- For maximum protection change the disposable mask regularly.
- Use soap and water to wash your hands after disposing of the mask.
Even though vaccination against COVID-19 has started in the United States and in several other countries, we must still continue to follow the COVID-19 safety measures, like frequently cleaning your hands, and maintaining social distancing, wearing a face mask as along with vaccine, it is the most important tool that can help in ending the COVID-19 Pandemic.