Five Effective Stress Management Techniques For Entrepreneurs
“Simply let experience take place very freely so that your open heart is suffused with the tenderness of true compassion,” said Tsoknyi Rinpoche, founder of the Pundarika Foundation. Tsoknyi Rinpoche is a Nepalese Tibetan Buddhist teacher and author. Tsoknyi Rinpoche is famous for his books like Open Heart, Open Mind: A Guide to Inner Transformation, As It Is, Volume 1 and Dzogchen Essentials: The Path That Clarifies Confusion.
Due to hectic work lives and busy schedules, anyone can experience stress and anxiety in their life. Sometimes the risk of failure can generate sleepless nights and also create stress in your mind. But an individual who loves to take risks can also be prone to anxiety and depression. Some stress can be healthy for you because it helps you to grow and also provides a better change in your personality.
Well as an entrepreneur, you should know how to handle stress because it can easily affect your health, your relationships with your colleagues, or your family.
Here are five effective stress management techniques:
Prioritize a healthy lifestyle:
- In order to make yourself less stressed, one should practice going to the gym or just by taking a walk for 5 minutes or make time for exercise which would help your body to balance stress and work adequately.
- If there is no time to spend on yourself then start thinking of re-evaluating your priorities-cutoff your daily browsing routine from unwanted things that are not beneficial for yourself, start prioritizing what must be beneficial for you, and think about what you are getting from its focus on your mental health.
Make time for your loved ones:
- For good mental health a person should nurture a good relationship with the family and close friends
- There is a difference between making time and being present with your family – try doing the latter. Try investing your time in listening to them, sharing your day-to-day ventures with family and enjoy the time you spend with your family.
Limiting your financial risk:
- By setting an adequate amount of your own money to invest in the company that you are not willing to go beyond.
- Not letting friends and family invest more than they are prepared to lose
- This can help with the entrepreneur’s anxiety due to financial stress.
Don’t define your identity solely by your work:
- One should be successful in other areas like extracurricular activities in order to effectively manage stress
- By being focused on other areas of your life you start to avoid relating your worth to the worth of your business.
- Start focusing on the things that bring you joy and satisfaction
- Start thinking about the legacy you leave behind for your loved ones to remember about you.
Don’t be ashamed to ask for help if you need it:
Anxiety and depression are the stigmas that nobody likes to talk about. Seeking help is the best possible way of helping yourself to be able to enjoy life without any stress. Talking about your mental health, accepting what is the circumstances that you are dealing with is important and taking help for finding the solution for it is the ultimate goal.
One of the well known entrepreneurs, Sam Mizrahi is the president and founder of Mizrahi Developments, a Toronto-based real estate development company that specializes in catering to the luxury market.
The One Toronto is Sam Mizrahi’s largest and arguably most public project to date. 1 Bloor St. West, the site of The One, is the former location of Stollery, the venerable men’s clothing store that occupied the space for 114 years.